Integral specialists in cleaning and comfort

Observando el mundo

Nuestros blogs

Equipo de limpieza

9 cleaning mistakes that can make you sick and can be dangerous

Most of us spend much more time than we would like to scrubbing, sweeping and dusting, so it is important to know what effects it can have on our health and how we could minimize them. Therefore, we have selected the 9 most common main mistakes you could be making in cleaning your home:

Scrubbing mold

Nobody likes our house to get moldy, but scrubbing spores can be extremely dangerous if not done properly.

Mold, especially that which is caused by moisture, is unpleasant and it is tempting to try to remove it, simply with a cloth and a cleaning product. But doing so could cause respiratory problems, and even hallucinations.

Black mold that grows on wet walls can often be highly toxic since they can send spores into the air, which spread like a virus. The most common type can cause respiratory problems, skin inflammation, tiredness and nausea. While others molds can even cause hallucinations.

To get rid of mold safely, we advise you to always wear a protective mask, rubber gloves and safety glasses. The most effective way to combat it is by pouring bleach into a spray bottle, before covering the moldy areas and letting it act for 30 minutes. Open all windows to allow toxic fumes to escape and clean and rinse the area.

Do not clean the sports equipment

From weights to yoga mats, many people have some type of exercise equipment at home. But, how often do they clean thoroughly?

There have been many studies on the mistakes we make with training equipment. And, often, the gym team carries more germs than toilets, including those that can cause boils, eczma, acne and rosacea, as well as the dreaded MRSA superbacterium. It is not necessary to clean it as a routine but it must be cleaned and disinfected regularly. “

Mixing cleaning products

Mixing cleaning products can cause chemical reactions.

When you use several you must be careful of do not mix them.

Household cleaning products are often dangerous. But they become even more dangerous when they mix.

The most important thing to keep in mind is not to mix bleach with other substances. Bleach and any ammonia-based cleaner is a super dangerous mixture, as it can create a toxic gas that could even be fatal in some circumstances.

Also, bleach and vinegar too, they can release a gas that can attack the airways.

Make your bed

We have good news: You don’t have to make your bed again! Well, or almost, at least you don’t need to do it as soon as you wake up. Instead, you should remove the eiderdown from the bed and let the mattress breathe.

Dust mites like heat and humidity, that’s why they like your bed. Your microscopic stool can trigger reactions, such as asthma and eczema, as well as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, itching, chest tightness and shortness of breath. But if you leave your bed unmade every morning, exposing your bed to cold air, the mites will simply dehydrate and die.

Then you just have to do the laundry bed weekly at high temperatures and dust off.

Do not clean the vacuum

Most of us only empty the vacuum when it is full, but it must be done on a regular basis. The brushes and the inside of the vacuum cleaners act essentially as a mobile germ factory.

Bacteria and germs become infected and reproduce inside, multiplying rapidly. There has been research that suggests that 15 percent of all vacuum cleaners in they actually house E. coli.

We advise owners to empty their vacuum much more regularly and also clean and disinfect it well after each use.

Do not clean the door seals of the fridge

It is very close to all our food, but the refrigerator door seal, which has many folds and clefts, often overlooked in the cleaning process. But these cracks are food residue traps and insects can remain there, undetected, for years. It can also trap mold, which is released every time you open and close the door and can cause allergy.

Do not wash gloves and dishcloths

Dishcloths are often used several times before throwing them in the washing machine. But you really should change them every day, as they are often wet and hot from usea bove, which allows bacteria to multiply rapidly. Every day you should replace them with some clean and dry or wash them at the end of each day, so they are ready to use again the next morning. The same goes for oven gloves.

Do not lower the W.C lid

All the hard work of cleaning the bathroom can fall apart the moment we go to the W.C and pull the chain without closing the toilet lid. Each time you pull the chain without closing the toilet lid, the poop particles are thrown into the air. These bio-aerosols can be extremely harmful. Water drops in the air are often contaminated with viruses and bacteria.

These harmful particles can remain in the air for about 30 minutes! There are studies that have shown that E. coli and norovirus can be transmitted in this way. If you also have your toothbrush near the toilet, these life-threatening insects can fall on the bristles.

Do not wash the cutting board

By their very nature, cutting boards end with deep cuts, which can house all kinds of unpleasant germs, which cannot be seen with the naked eye. The dishwashing detergent might not penetrate these holes and eliminate bacteria. Therefore, we recommend washing the cutting boards with bleach, just to be sure that we completely eliminate all the horrible things that could be hidden underneath.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Este sitio web utiliza cookies para que usted tenga la mejor experiencia de usuario. Si continúa navegando está dando su consentimiento para la aceptación de las mencionadas cookies y la aceptación de nuestra política de cookies, pinche el enlace para mayor información.plugin cookies

Aviso de cookies